Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I'm not the same me.....

I hear these people asking me
How do I know what I believe?
Well I'm not the same me
And that's all the proof I need
All This Time (Britt Nicole)
 
This song has been on my heart for some time now and this part perfectly describes where I am in life at the moment. 
 
I'm not the same Me anymore, because I'm His.  I'm adjusting to life as a Christian. 
 
My husband and I made a decision to follow Jesus and raise my daughter to do the same.  We have been saved and accepted the Lord into our hearts and are learning to live by His word.  It's been quite the adjustment and we've received our fair share of judgment from friends and family who don't believe the same things we do, but, we are confident in our decision.  Funny how it really wasn't our decision but part of God's plan.  We know we are doing the best thing for our family.  Our lives have changed. 
 
Life looks different when you're walking with Jesus.  
 
I'm still new at this.  I'm learning how and praying for guidance to be a better Christian, wife, mother, daughter etc.  I still make mistakes and I still sin.  I'm nowhere near perfect, but I know that I'm loved and He died for me and my sins and I have forgiveness.  All of these things make me so humbled.  
 
I will share more about my journey to being saved and accepting Jesus.  I sit back and wonder how I got here and really, I dont know.  .  
 
 
 
Photobucket

2 comments:

Callie said...

I love that song! I'm so excited to read more about how you came to know Jesus, Laura, and I'm so glad you are writing about it! :-)

BumbersBumblings said...

What a beautiful post and a great way to share your new-found faith! Welcome to the family! :)