Monday, April 22, 2013

An epiphany.

{Written 3/19/13}

I posted this picture on Instagram the other day because I had a moment. You know what I mean by a moment? An epiphany. When a lightbulb goes off?

My normal nighttime routine has been the same for as long as I can remember, give Olivia a bath, put her to bed, make my lunch for work the next day, finish leftover chores, grab a snack and a drink and watch a show on the DVR, then bed.

Not much has changed with my routine, but what has changed is what snack and drink I grab. In the past it would be any of the following - chips, fritos, chocolate, ice cream - you know, the taste good, bad for you stuff? That. Oh - and a soda.

Now? Now my snack is different. Now I grab fruit salad (my latest obsession - zero points!!) or an apple or a banana, something healthy. And my water - my 25 oz water bottle to be exact.

So, the epiphany? I've always watched The Biggest Loser which in turn leads me to eating while watching a weight loss show. But, in the past I'd be sitting there eating crap and drinking soda and wondering to myself 'why are they successful and I'm not?' all while having this internal pity party.

This past Monday as I was eating my fruit salad and drinking water it just made me feel so good, so proud of myself for finally, finally making a healthy choice for myself. And for the first time there was no internal pity party. Nope. For the first time I had a feeling of 'I got this' 'I'm doing this' 'I'm making progress!' And I felt good.

1 comment:

SEL said...

So proud of you! I love TBL, it's totally an eye opener show.

Good for you for taking care of yourself!!