Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Olivia's Antics

   

Olivia is growing faster than I ever imagined and there are so so many things she's doing and learning
that I dont want to forget.  I wish I could just bottle her up and keep her just the way she is for just a while.  It seems like every time I turn around (literally) she's doing or saying something new!

     Her favorite thing to do is "drop" things, although she isnt truly dropping things since it's all pre-meditated.  She even announces "I rop" (drop) before she does it.  It can be anything from her toy to her sippy cup or ood... whatever.  It's become a game.  I've tried to explain that she's throwing things, not dropping them, however, reasoning with an almost 14 month old is useless.

     She's just started walking, she can walk the length of a room without falling but now she's started trying to haul things with her.  She finds the heaviest, most awkward toy to carry and tries so hard to bring it with her.  Makes the journey much longer from point a to point b. 

     She's learned to "roar" when asked "what does a lion say?" - her reply is "roar, roar, roar" although its more of a growl.  It's adorable!  She also knows how to bark, since we have 2 loud pups, so we ask "what does a doggie say" and she barks.... a.d.o.r.a.b.l.e!

     Whenever I tell her I love her, a ka-trillion times a day, I point to my eye and say "I", then I point to my heart when I say "love" and then I point to her when I say "you" and now she's doing the same thing.  Melts my heart!

     She is in love with our 2 dogs.  Whenever they walk by her she says "Hi dog" which sounds more like "Hi duh" but, I know what she means!  She touches them any chance she gets and has also learned how to play with them with their toys.  She brings the dogs their toys and even throws it to them sometimes.  A couple of days ago I turned around for a second, looked back and she was eating a dog bone.  Nice, mother of the year right here!  At least it was all natural.

     When I say "where's Olivia" she covers her eyes and hides!  Sometimes she moves her hands away quickly and other times she makes us wait and say "where's Olivia, I cant find her, Where is she?" a million times before she's ready to reveal her self.  And when she finally does, she squeels some string of high pitched words together to announce herself and is super excited.  We're working on turning that into just saying "ta-da!"

I seriously could go on and on and on for days, but for now, I'll just leave you with an adorable picture of my munchkin!

Cutest "concentration face" ever!
~Laura

No comments: