Thursday, February 7, 2013

Non-Scale Victories

Linking up with KTJ and Lex to celebrate the non-scale victories!  Most of the time we put too much focus on the number on the scale and ONLY that, this link up is to remind ourselves that this journey is SO much more than that.  There's other changes and decisions along the way that really aid in our success.
 
~ Today was the day, my first day at the gym.  I woke up super, super early - like 3:30 am early, threw on my gym clothes and headed out the door.  I'm really out of shape, like really.  I realized just how far I physically have to go today, but, I was there, I went and I worked out.  I did the treadmill, elliptical and recumbent bike.
 
~ I took the stairs at work.  It's second nature for me to walk right by the staircase and hit the elevator button... which is exactly what I did today, however, when the doors opened, I turned around and walked away.  I walked back to the staircase instead.  
 
~ I skipped Dunkin Donuts this morning.  After my workout I really wanted a coffee but I just kept driving and decided against it.  I have my water and that's enough.
 
~ I've been staying prepared.  I packed today's lunch & snack last night so I wouldn't be scrambling last minute this morning.  I got my water ready and gym bag packed. 
Failure to prepare is preparing to fail - right?
 
Now head on over to KTJ and Lex's blogs to link up and share your non-scale victories.
 
 
Photobucket

3 comments:

KTJ said...

Wow, 3:30am! That is dedication! I'm very impressed! I am do not a morning person. You've had some great NSVs this week! Keep up all the great work :)

jonesyjl2 said...

Great job getting to the gym! Just being up at that time is a serious victory.

The said...

Great NSV this week! I am trying to become a morning exerciser.

Stephanie @ lemnelife.blogspot.com