Wednesday, March 6, 2013

1st Day of School!

That old saying that children grow up too fast is absolutely, 1000% true. I don't even quite understand how the time goes by at this escalated speed. I can't believe we're here and that this day came so fast. Wasn't it just yesterday that I was cuddling a 7 lb 13 oz little baby girl on our first days home as a family?

My baby, scratch that, my big girl is officially in pre-school, today was her first day!

We've been talking about it for over a week. Preparing her for the drop off, explaining we wouldn't be staying with her, that mommy and daddy had to go to work and that she would stay at her school like a big girl. We explained what to expect throughout the day - snack time, lunch time, nap time, lesson time, reading time, outside time. Everything.

Last night before bed I asked if she knew where she was going tomorrow and she proudly exclaimed 'I'm going to school like a big girl, all by myself!!'

She was ready! She woke up bright and early asking for her puppy lunch box and her pillow for nap time that she picked out. We had everything ready to go.

When we dropped her off she confidently walked right in, took off her coat and got to playing! We had to ask her twice for a hug and kiss before we left. She was just so excited! I peeked in the window before getting in my car and she was already intently playing with all the new toys. She spotted me, gave me a quick wave and went right back to what she was doing. I'm so proud of my girl!





1 comment:

Jodi said...

Wow, Laura, that's fabulous! What a great job you did preparing her. I'm sure I didn't prepare my kids like that. I love the heart sandwich - looks like you thought of everything! She is absolutely adorable! So happy for you all that is went so well!