Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Post Where I Whine...

...I'm allowed an off post once in a while right? 
Well, today is the day. 
I'm tired, Olivia isn't sleeping well and I'm getting a cold.

Woe is me. 
I'm just out of sorts today and I want to go home,
crawl back in bed and catch up
on the precious sleep I've been missing because my
teething 15 month old cant put herself to sleep yet
and cant seem to keep herself asleep either.

I've tried earlier bedtimes, later bedtimes, rocking, not rocking, bottle, no bottle etc...
Olivia will not just fall asleep on her own. 

Maybe I'm misunderstanding this whole "putting your children to bed" thing because
I thought that at 15 months old, Olivia would be able to have her bath,
read a book with me, have her bottle/milk, brush her teeth and I'd be able to
place her lovingly into her crib, close the door and she'd be able to go to sleep by herself. 
What am I missing?

She whine's/cries for a while, starts talking, stands up, "drops" her bink out of her crib and proclaims
"I drop, I drop"
over and over until I go in there and give it back to her,
pick her up and rock her to sleep.

This wouldn't be so bad if it lasted about 15 minutes and she slept though the night...
but lately she's been up 4 or 5 times throughout the night. 
She's either lost her bink in her crib and whines,
or she's fully awake and wanting a drink and a diaper change. 
Mama's TIRED!

Any and ALL advice is appreciated!

~Laura

2 comments:

Megan said...

Awwww, I'm sorry! I have no kids, so I have no advice! But I'll be praying for a solution!! I'd be exhausted, too!!

Laura Darling said...

Oh no! I don't have any advice but I really hope things get better soon!