Friday, January 27, 2012

TGIF & Randoms

This week has been   l  o   n  g  and I only worked 3 out of 5 days.....
 
I'm glad it's Friday and I can spend the weekend with my little family. 
I really miss spending time with my husband. 
We work opposite shifts and talk once a day,
when I'm on my way home and he's on his way to work and my Mom is watching Olivia. 
 
It gets trying to say the least. 
 
Sometimes we're lucky enough to pass each other on the road, beep and wave. 
He's asleep when I leave for work and I'm asleep by the time he gets home
so Saturday and Sunday are really our only time together as a family.
By having this schedule, it saves us from daycare costs and Olivia gets to stay home with each of us,
but sometimes I wonder if it is not as beneficial as having us parent together. 
 
Today marks 4 years ago that my father in law passed away. 
Today is a REALLY hard day for my husband. 
I cant imagine losing either of my parents. 
My husband took the night off from work so he didn't have to stress
about being there when his mind is elsewhere.   
It doesn't help that I'm honestly no good in these situations.  I can NEVER find the right words. 
I hate seeing my husband upset and I know that nothing I do can make it better...
 
It's almost like the white elephant in the room. 
 
When I said bye to him this morning, I didn't know if I should mention it or say nothing. 
Not knowing what to say, I said nothing and then felt like a loser all the way into work.
One of the things that really bothers us is that my father in law never got to meet Olivia. 
That kills my husband. 
They would have adored each other.
 
 
Photobucket

2 comments:

marie said...

I can be really bad with words and knowing what to say.

I am of the belief that your Father in Law is most definitely aware of Olivia. She is a cute one.

Alyssa said...

I'm sorry about your father in law! That's a hard thing to deal with whether it's been a month or five years!