Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A Birth Story, 2 years later. Part 1

I never did write Olivia's birth story and as she's quickly
approaching the 2 year old mark, I think it's about time. 
 
Olivia's stubborn streak was made known even before she graced the earth with her presence. 
On my due date of September 29, 2010 I had shown absolutely zero signs of labor.
September 29th came and went completely uneventful.  I should have known that babies come when they're ready but being a first time Mom, this was the day I had looked forward to my entire pregnancy.  The day when I could finally lay my eyes on this perfect being that God had given us and hold her in my arms. 
I longed for this day since January 19th when I saw that positive pregnancy test.  
 
Turns out Olivia had no plans of coming on her own at all because 8 days later, I still had zero signs of labor and was induced.  Pitocin was started at 7:05am and my daughter was born at 1:21pm.
 
Those first few seconds after Olivia was born will be burned in my mind forever. 
It was the most amazing feeling.  She was here!  I was holding our baby. 
This was the moment I had been waiting for.  7lbs13oz of newborn baby girl, in my arms!
 
She was perfect in every way.  A good set of loud working lungs!  A head full of jet black hair. 
Pouty lips and pink skin.  10 fingers and 10 toes with feet just like her Mama. 
 
After spending a little while in the delivery room finishing up, we were moved to the postpartum floor and were able to spend the rest of the time getting to know our little Olivia. 
 
Visitors came and held our sweet girl.  She met her Mum and Papa, aunts, uncles, cousins and friends. 
 
October 7, 2010 was absolutely the best day of our entire life. 
 
oliviaandme
 
Photobucket

No comments: