Friday, October 5, 2012

Olivia now... almost 2.

Only two days until I officially have a 2 year old.  She is such an amazing child.  I know she's mine and obviously I'm bias but I cant even explain to you how much she lights up our lives and makes every day worth living.  Here's some tid-bits about Olivia now.... at almost 2 years old.

...She's funny!  One of the funniest kids I know.  She loves to make people laugh and tries hard to do so.  If a group of people are talking and laughing, she fake laughs to join in...which makes everyone laugh more.  She is even so dramatic as to hold her hand to her mouth and bend over as if she's having a real belly laugh.  It's hilarious!

She's a tattle-tale.  She comes and tells me, or whoever is around, everything.  If the dog bumps into her, she runs over and says "Mommy! Peepee (Penny) give YaYa a boo boo!"  She even tells the good things, if someone helps her do something, she comes over and says "Mommy!  Daddy help YaYa snack!"  It's funny, and time consuming, but it's essential to our relationship and I'm going to listen to every darn word my girl says because when it comes to for her to talk to me about the real life stuff, I want her to know that I'll listen.  That's major.

...She's mischievous...and she always gives herself away.  When she's about to do something she shouldn’t, she hums!  She likes to climb, jump, cause trouble, do things she knows she shouldn’t and touch things she knows are off limits.  It's often accompanied by a sweet, sly smile and as soon as one of us stands up or walks towards her to correct her she takes off running in the opposite direction.  This isn’t good for discipline since it often turns into a chasing game and everyone laughing.  But, it's fun, and funny.

...She's a bit of a thief.  Often times my husband and I will be looking for something, say, our wallet or glasses or the remote etc and we always, always find said item stashed away in my daughters play kitchen.  Funny how things just magically end up there!

...She's shy around new people.  She'll ask to be picked up and often lay her head on my shoulder to hide until she feels more comfortable.  Then she opens up and lets her little personality shine through.

...She's not a good sharer...  it's funny really because she tells us "NO Mommy/Daddy, that's Yaya's book/toy/etc!!!"  So we ask if she can "please share with Mommy and Daddy" and she says "ok". 
But then refuses to share.  We're working on it. 

 This girl, my girl.  She has my heart, my whole entire heart wrapped around her sweet little finger.  I never knew love until she came into our lives.  It's such an amazing, overwhelming feeling! 

Part of me, part of my husband. 
Made by the hand of God
She's wonderful. 

For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them. - Psalm 139:13-16
 
Photobucket

No comments: